Spirometry Equipment Loan Programme
PATS has a limited number of spirometers, donated by the ERS, available for loan to African
respiratory researchers. Requests for loan equipment are considered by the PATS spirometry committee on submission of a full application.
For the spirometry committee to fully consider an application, the following must be supplied:
- Research protocol
- Ethical approval status of the project
- Timelines for use and return of the spirometer
Should the equipment loan be approved by the spirometry working group the recipient should expect to receive:
- A previously used spirometer
- A previously used calibration syringe
- A syringe to spirometer connector
- A used weather meter
- 5 starter mouthpieces
- 1 roll of paper (when applicable depending on the type of spirometer)
Terms of agreement for the potential loan include:
- Recipient is a PATS member.
- Spirometers are loaned for research purposes only and should not be used for personal reasons or private practice.
- Recipient would need to budget funds and arrange courier of the equipment from Durban, South Africa to themselves both when receiving and returning the equipment once their research has been completed.
- Recipient would need to purchase disposables as required for the working use of the spirometer and arrange courier of the same to themselves.
- Agree to acknowledge PATS contribution of the spirometry equipment loan in any paper/s published.